This is an information security standard, and it determines the management system designed to bring the security of information under the control of the management. ISO/IEC 27001 is the only international standard which defines the requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS). The standard is designed to ensure the selection of adequate and proportionate security controls.
This helps you to protect your information assets and give confidence to any interested parties, especially your customers. The standard adopts a process approach for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining, and improving your ISMS.
ISO/IEC 27001 is suitable for any organization, regardless its size and location. The standard is particularly suitable where the protection of information is critical, such as in the finance, health, public and IT sectors.
ISO 27001 Certification - Benefits
- Keep the organisation updated as regards new information threats and vulnerabilities
- Manage adverse situations, in a context of prevention and continuous improvement
- Monitor the implementation of risk management and security policies and procedures
- Add value to the investments made in this area
- Obtain a competitive advantage with customers, by demonstrating your attention to the security of their information
- Strengthen the corporate image towards stakeholders